Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Shopping -- in a sense

Tonight after dinner I was meeting a couple friends at the gym. On my way I have to pass a Home Depot store. I had a few minutes before I met up with my friends, so I made a detour into the store. My motive? Yes, you guessed it... paint chips! Free glorious colorful paint chips! They are all I have been thinking about the past couple of days, and I am dying to trying making a few crafties with them myself!



I have to say though, that I agree with Fine Diving on taking a helper or two to cause a distraction. I probably wasn't being watched by the paint dude working at the time, as he was busy with a couple explained the different sheens of paint, but I couldn't help but feel totally guilty as the pile of chips got thicker and thicker in my hand! Even worse that I had more than one, okay like four or five of one particular chip! While most people when trying to decide on a color may take several samples, I don't think they take several of one shade! I should have waited and got my two friends to come with me after we had our workout, although I'm sure they probably wouldn't have wanted to go out shopping while they were all sweaty from burning calories!

Oh well, I got a pretty good haul and they should keep me busy for a bit. Home Depot is only a short jog away from home if I need more, and I was happy to see that they had their Christmasy colored chips all stocked up. They must be waiting for us crafters to come! I couldn't help but giggle with giddyness the rest of the way to the gym!

.

No comments: